Sunday, September 16, 2007

Here a widget, there a widget...everywhere a widget, widget

I don't even really know if that is what they are called, but I am delighted by widgets (the 'copy me' coding that allows me to add all sorts of nonsense to my blog, myspace page, face book, etc.). If you will notice, I now have a NikePlus widget in the lower left corner of my blog - it is a new challenge, so nothing going on yet, but pretty cool all the same (I always lose, so don't get too excited). Nike has the option set up all throughout NikeRun...you just click the 'copy code' button and you are ready to add the HTML code onto whatever page you wish.




I was watching the Emmy's tonight and noticed a commercial for coffee that directed you to go to www.wakeupspecial.com - which I did, and the next thing you know, I have signed up for a free sample of some creme brulee coffee. The coffee isn't really all that exciting. What IS exciting, is that I noticed that at the end of the little form I had to fill out for my free coffee, there was a little widget code - just waiting for me to advertise for Folgers and throw it up on my blog (of course, I didn't add it to my blog at the time, and now I can't get back to it, but still) - absolutely brilliant.




Now then, here is what I need - I need a widget that is some sort of image/icon/whatever that says 'Register here to win Longhorn 2007 Bowl Tickets' with a link back to the registration page on www.bluetooth.com/longhorns. Get to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of your 20.5 miles since 9/16 and I love that I can see it on your blog. You are my exercise idol!