Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Is it one of the eight wonders? I think so...

I am flying out to San Francisco (San Jose, really) for a Blogger party the Bluetooth SIG is hosting with Engadget tonight and some analyst meetings tomorrow. Being a bit of blogger stalker, this should be a pretty fun evening for me. I might finally get to meet Peter Rojas (I always miss him somehow). I will post pictures if I see anything cool (I think I might have actually remembered my camera…I never remember my camera).

Anyway, from my vantage point of 30k feet up, I just saw the Grand Canyon. It is pretty spectacular. It is exceptionally clear (the pilot just informed us if we looked hard we could see Vegas – I don’t believe him, but whatever) and you can really see just how massive the canyon is, the edges look as if they are carved with a jigsaw, and then, in the very center of each chasm is a tiny line (I am assuming the river, stream, whatever that actually carved the canyons)…absolutely incredible. For my friends who are reading this, get ready – I will be planning a rafting/camping expedition as soon as I have Wi-Fi again.

Back to spider solitaire…


UPDATE: Okay, the event was definitely bigger than we expected, lines around the building, with over 1000 people showing up. Until I add pictures, you can see Engadget's write-up (and see reader images here).


No comments: