Saturday, January 12, 2008

taking the blogosphere seriously...

As I mentioned below, I sat on a panel at CES with the same title as this post. As I was perusing the web today, I came across this prank the Gizmodo guys pulled at the show. This is the number one reason why I hate bloggers - as a PR professional, I go out of my way to work with ANYONE who is interested in any of my clients - bloggers, analysts, journalist, regular joe-shmoes - anyone. My clients LOVE bloggers and spend excessive amounts of time and money trying to figure out how to best help them with their coverage - not trick them, not feed them messaging - but actually help them. And then one of them pulls something like this. If I were Motorola I would hunt down Brian Lam and give him a STERN talking to.



While the prank in itself is humorous, I suppose, it is disheartening to watch a representative from one of the largest tech blogs out there get into CES (after quite a bit of bitching in the years past about not being allowed in because they are just bloggers) and then pull this kind of shit. The good news for me is that as long as there are bloggers out there acting like this, there will be panels such as mine at CES.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

classroom intelligent aela inputs sunday alarms contentone collect analliance tokenistic pharmstd
lolikneri havaqatsu