Monday, February 9, 2009

Look folks, I have the SAD...

Lately, my online 'social' life is demanding more and more of my 'real' social life time. Tweet-ups, conferences, social media club breakfasts, happy hours, lunches - dear lord, the list is never ending and at all of these place I have to physically meet people that I had previously only 'known' through twitter or blog reading. It is really just too much for me. The beauty of all these new media/social media tools is that I don't ACTUALLY have to be social. My uncomfortableness doesn't translate in 140 characters, my unease does not come through in a blog comment - online I appear calm, collected, and aside from my obvious difficulty with simple spelling, pretty put together. I can be friends with you, without really having to be friends with you. Please note, my complaint has nothing to do with others - this is all about me - i have the social anxiety disorder through and through. Odd for someone working in PR.

Starr was hollering about how I needed to post - this is what I came up with. DAMNIT - I guess I am socially awkward online, too.

4 comments:

Starr Million Baker said...

You are aware you do not give yourself enough credit, right? After all, you have spoken at CES, attended - and nay, even purchased a diet coke for another unassuming attendee - the Social Media Jungle, and pretty much all around get around (not it in a lurid way, of course). Give yourself some credit, woman! And if that fails, then I hear a good beer can do the trick as well. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi

I think something seen so better but these are are nothing.

Anonymous said...

Hi

There are so many beautiful things in this world but we cannot find better after reached there.

sartaj faisal said...

Hi

I think there are so many people want to get success but they cannot get. Because there are so many difficulties on their way. But we can get success through Jobs In Islamabad.