Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I bet lesbians love Bluetooth

I delight in Bluetooth references in pop culture - love them. Britney's horrific song Phonography (see previous post), keystone light commercials, and now, the freaking Big Bang theory is my new favorite (I can't embed the clip just yet, so you will have to click here to watch). As embarrassed as I am to admit it, I love me some Walowitz.

There are two other things about this that are interesting to me. 1) about three years ago I was facilitating an interview between Mike Foley, SIG executive director and Andy Ihnatko (Chicago Sun-Times tech journalist and all around very funny guy) when Andy announced that he felt "Bluetooth was just like Bacon - it makes everything better." Now I follow Andy on twitter, and I know he likes the big Bang Theory (seriously, how creepy for this poor guy - I swear I am not a stalker), so I am wondering if he a) remembers saying this and b) is at all pissed that this show stole his joke. I imagine he is kind of okay with it. 2) I love twitter. I really do. And I know I talked a lot of smack about hating twitter, but I have been converted - I love it now. And I loved watching all the other geeks that love twitter AND the Big Bang Theory re-quote the show last night. See here.

No comments: