Monday, March 2, 2009

That's right. You gave it up. Now you gotta die. Those are the rules

Interestingly enough, I stumbled across the below quote on a CNET blog rather than actually on twitter (where it originated), but it is just too delightful not to share.

"Social media is like teen sex. Everyone wants to do it. No one actually knows how. When finally done, there is surprise it's not better."

Things like this make me proud to be the INK director for NEW MEDIA - not social media. Social Media sounds like it would leave you, uh, unfulfilled.


*Extra points to whoever names the movie the title quote is from.

4 comments:

Starr Million Baker said...

Nightmare on Elm Street - I win, I win!

(Except that yes, I cheated - I am nowhere near that astute of a movie quoter guru as you. Funny thing though - when I googled that line, your blog entry was the first thing to come up. ;-))

blair said...

wow - even with the help of google you fail. I am pretty sure you therefore lose points.

DaveZatz said...

I'm a little late on this. But it seems that many of these self proclaimed SEO and Social Media "experts" were real estate "professionals" - and I see where this is heading... (Not that anyone they can even define 'social media'. Same shit, different venue. As far as I'm concerned, *IT* is about relationships and connecting with an audience.)

blair said...

Hi Dave. I couldn't agree more. Thanks for stopping by.