Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Rush

I have a tendency to get a little OCD – I find one thing and I focus on it and beat it into submission in my head and then I lose interest in it (this is also known as stages 1 and 2 of blogging). Of course I am not abandoning my blog just yet – that would literally make me the saddest and most pathetic of all bloggers. Nope, I am sticking it out for the long haul – or at least the end of the summer.

Anyway, my focused nature tends to make me forget there are other things out there. Like with the techie blogs. I just assume the majority of bloggers are talking about technology. I mean, I know there are VCs that blog, C-level execs at CE and Silicon companies that blog, pundits, journalists, want-to-be journalists and then just straight up fanatics that blog. But for some reason, I really do think the majority of what is out there is humor, politics or technology. Turns out there are blogs for everything – quilting, infertility, new-moms, old-moms, preacher’s wives, etc., etc., etc. The internet has become the biggest Pan-Hellenic system in the world. I have already pledged – or at least made my top pick, cause I really want to go Kappa Delta Nerd, but I haven’t been invited yet, so we will see how it goes. I am a legacy with the nurses (my mom was a nurse) and my dad is all over health care, so I could probably pull a legacy acceptance there as well, but I am holding out for an invitation to the
ΚΔÈ - I think the first couple of weeks of blogging are like initiation – and if you stick it out, gain a few readers, maybe a trackback from one of the senior members, then you are accepted.

In honor of the 4th and the bizarre hazing process of the blogosphere, I think I will blindfold myself, sit in a dark room, take shots of 151 and recite the Greek alphabet. Then I will post drunken comments on some of those senior members’ blogs – it is gonna be a hell of a week.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I paddle your ass?

Unknown said...

wow, it doesn't happen very often that the previous commenter said EXACTLY what I had planned to say...

blair said...

We are so going to be 'that' sorority - I am not 100% sure that is the reputation we are going for, but what the hell...

Jenny said...

can i write 'slut face' all over you with a sharpie when you pass out?