Sunday, July 1, 2007

Seven posts does not a blogger make

So I have spent a week and a half playing ‘blogger’ – there are things I definitely like and then there are the things that make me a little crazy. The positive ones first…I am delighted that I am suddenly involved in the blogosphere (that’s right, I even know how to spell it now), sharing my opinion (even if it is only with a couple of you) and, most of all, really taking an interest in all the other blogs on my ‘must read list’. If I hadn’t started this mildly insane endeavor, I wouldn’t have been able to watch Robert Scoble stand in line for his iPhone (which is mostly just endearing because the next day he went to Target to buy a new pair of jeans – who, I ask you, has a $600 dollar phone and a $15 pair of jeans?), I wouldn’t have read Jeremy Toeman’s post about amount of productivity the iPhone sucked out of the American market and been jealous that I didn’t think to calculate that first, and I wouldn’t been exposed to the hundreds of first hand pictures of the iPhone launch, allowing me to live the dream – even though I never really had the dream.

The things that makes me crazy?
A) iPhone coverage
B) how obsessed I am with posting
C) iPhone coverage
D) how obsessed I am with comments (the answer to this is, apparently, offer to give an iPhone away)
E) Freaking iPhone coverage

Although, I am excited to see the 'why would you do that to Bluetooth' posts starting to crop up.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I am most looking forward to watching old episodes of "Newlyweds" with Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey on my new iphone.

Do you also need my address and phone number for this entry? When will the drawing be?

Unknown said...

If not seven posts then what does a blogger make? I know you might say readership, but I beg to differ - blogs, or web blogs, were originally talked about as online journals, and journals are essentially solitary. Readers will follow, but I hope you continue because I'm enjoying your posts and watching your experiment. :-)

Anonymous said...

You have a blog, therefore you are a blogger. QED.

Annoying launch coverage aside, the iPhone is the most amazing thing...calling it a phone is almost a dysphemism. Unfortunately, like many other Apple products, it's better for goofing off than for working. It's wiz-bang for watching YouTube videos, but won't automatically sync with your calendar.

Lots of fun, though. Keep up the blogging, Kiddo.